Caitiri - it is a name from a book called The Ruins of Ambrai. It means "fiery eyed", and the name itself sounds/looks pretty, so I use it for practically all online names whatsoever. Woo hoo. Also, when I first signing up for online stuff, anything containing my name was already taken, and my initials look silly. This, however, was original, so HA!
2. Name five of your favorite pig out foods....
a) PF Changs Peking Dumplings
b) Chocolate chip cookies
c) 3 Musketeers Bars
d) Baby Carrots and Orange Juice
e) Cheese and Crackers
3. Have you ever had a makeover?
People, upon seeing my ugliness, tend to feel they can assume god-like power by trying to overcome it. Consequently, I've been subject to several of these so-called "makeovers", all of which were highly unsuccessful.
4. Have you ever witnessed death?
My grandpa died of lung cancer while living with my family when I was 11.
5. What's the longest time you've stayed out of the country/where?
Um . .. I spent a few weeks in Mexico in 7th grade when I went on the Hands Across the Border trip.
6. One thing you are grateful for today.
Phones that have mute buttons. Also little rolley lint brushes (they even make ones that fit in your purse).
7. What is your favorite high school memory?
Probably senior year in its entirety, even the tough stuff. Lunch off campus, Woody's class ... Mr. G and his awful euphamisms (or not-quite euphamisms) It was a good year = )
8. What is the most insane thing you've done for/to love?
In my experience, love doesn't really tend to engender insanity.
9. Describe your dream wedding.
Um, so yeah. I've never really thought I'd get married, so I haven't put a lot of thought into it. Wedding planning SO doesn't seem like my thing . . . not really very fun at all . . . if I could have my way, I'd probably elope somewhere far away on a beach, record it on a digital camera, and mail the cd to my family saying "surprise!" However, my dad would kill me, so that's a no-go. I'd probably want a fairly traditional wedding, with the ceremony in a little white church, or outside somewhere, presided over by Pastor Paul, optimally (although the probability of that one is slim to none, considering he's currently a missionary in Africa). My dress would be white, have a pretty train, and I might even look halfway pretty for once. My bridesmaids would wear pretty dresses that they like, and all of my friends and family would be in attendance (which adds up to quite a few people, surprisingly) We'll go off on a nice long honeymoon somewhere tropical = ) Oh, and there will be an X-men cake.
10. What do you want to be doing when you are 60?
Um. Hopefully still doing field research, going on lecture tours because I'm a successful marine biologist, surfing and kayaking in my spare time, and spoiling others' kids and grandchildren (assuming I don't have my own)
11. What is your first memory?
Baby swimming lessons when I was a few months old. It was very traumatic.
12. Do you have a favorite quote?
13. My first (true) heartbreak happened when I was....
5. My grandparents' dog Ginger had to be put to sleep.
14. How much money does it take to keep you for a year?
I have no clue.
15. Do you have any weird preference?
I like to eat babycarrots while drinking orange juice. I also don't eat very many vegetables, which weirds people at sandwich places out.
16. What is one thing that you will never understand about the opposite sex?
Why they find bodily functions so endlessly amusing.
17. What piece of technology do you want most right now?
18. Name one TV character you'd most want to be.
Maybe Rory on Gilmore Girls. She has a cool mom, is smart, and has two fairly hot guys vying for her =)
19. Favorite Gemstone?
20. Give yourself a porn star name.
Susie the bar floozie.
21. What's your worst flaw?
I don't think I could pick just one.
22. What do you plan to do this summer?
Work. Spend time with friends when I can.
23. What is your favorite song right now?
Ummm.... You Belong to Me - Jason Wade, the Shrek Soundtrack
24. What are your favorite movies in these categories?
Humor: Office Space, Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back, Tommy Boy, Happy Gilmore
Drama: Amelie, About a Boy, Romeo and Juliet, Elizabeth,
Action: Le Pac de Lupe (Sp? The Brotherhood of the Wolf), Lord of the Rings, Ocean's Eleven
Horror: Dracula 2000 - it was extremely amusing
25. What is your favorite Disney song?
A Tale as Old as Time - Beauty and the Beast
26. Describe your dream house.
Located on the Island of Oahu, this exclusive property sits high atop a lush, green mountain sanctuary with fabulous unobstructed views of the Pacific Ocean, worldfamous Diamond Head and Honolulu's sparkling city lights. This luxurious home is comprised of a four-bedroom, three and one-half bath main residence that has been beautifully designed to include architectural wood accents, hardwood floors, stained glass doors, open beam ceilings, recessed lighting, skylights and more. Additionally, a specious two-bedroom guest house, a separate office and an art studio further compliment this extraordinary property. This estate is complete with a sparkling, custom tiled pool and spa, manicured rolling lawns and peaceful gardens.
I copied it out of an ad for my house. Its only 3.9 million dollars.
27. Your Typical Sleep wear....
Pj pants, t-shirts (scott just bought me this adorable carebears t-shirt-hurray for boys w/taste!)
28. What is in your bag?
Um, the book I'm currently reading, my wallet, sunglasses, keys, chapstick, miscellaneous receipts, my checkbook and my Waterman pen.
29. What is the most interesting thing you have worn/pierced/tattooed?
I have peirced ears.
30. How much money do you have in your wallet right now?
$0. I use my debit card for everything.
32. What are you most proud of in your life?
Ehrm. . . a good question, and a fairly tough one, for me. I don't have anything like admission to Ivy League schools, winning musical competitions, etc. . . I would actually have to say that what I'm most proud of is also what I often feel most ashamed about - my decision to stay here another year and work instead of going directly to college. It was probably one of the most difficult things ever, but I knew that if I did go off to school, dependant upon what little money I had, as well as the few scholarships I could get, and student loans, I either would not have been able to finish or would have finished after putting myself into debt I would never get out from under. Having lived in a family trying to deal with massive amounts of debt, its not something I want to start my adult life fighting with. Most people don't really understand ... lots of people make me feel bad, or have lost confidence in my "drive" to become an educated and successful adult . . . but it was a difficult decision, and the right one, so its what I'm most proud of.
33. How was your senior prom?
It was pretty fun - I decided to go the day before . . . frantic dress shopping, hair and nail appointment making, and money scraping ensued . . . I would have to say the before and after were the most fun - dinner and then our suite . . . prom itself wasn't a winner for me - I wasn't asked to dance at all, which was simply depressing, although predictable.
34. Tell us about any of your birthdays.
Um. My most recent birthday sucked. I was supposed to work, but when I went to start my car it was broken (it had been intermittently breaking for the few weeks prior). I missed work because I had no means of transportation, and it was my 5th occurance which should have put me on a warning (luckily, due to my great supervisor, it didnt). Then, since I ended up having the day off, I was going to take my boyfriend, mom, and sister to dinner at On the Border. But my 16 year old sister decided to throw a tantrum in the restaurant, and she and my mom left before we could even order. It was a crappy birthday. Probably the worst ever.
35. What do you enjoy most about looking at other people?
Well, admiring good looking guys is always rewarding =)
36. What are the first five things you would splurge on if you were a billionaire?
1) My 2 houses in hawaii
2) Donation to research for cancer
3) a yacht
4) A '66 corvette
5) Going Abroad
37. What is your daily-before-you-go-to-bed ritual?
Um.Make my bed, Brush teeth, brush out my hair and pull it back into a ponytail or bun, scrape contact lenses off of my eyes, don glasses and pjs, read until I'm supersleepy, and then go to bed.
38. What is the weirdest/funniest name anyone has ever called you?
My sister often refers to my as Jessie-pooh - its when she's in her rather irritating "I want something so I'm going to be sickeningly and fakely sweet to you so maybe I can fool you into doing/buying it for me" mood. Kyle dubbed me with the nickname Sugar when I was on servant teams one summer also, which was a rather different nickname for me.
39. Name three of your favorite cartoon characters...
Daria, Wish Bear, and the little girl from Monsters Inc.
40. What are the magazines you read on a regular basis?
Er . . . magazines tend to lack enough content to keep my attention for long, so I rarely read them.
41. What is your favorite pair of shoes?
Black maryjane flats
42. Would you rather be a hobbit, and elf or a dwarf?
An elf! They're always portrayed as rather pretty, smart, wise, etc (all of which are life's goals for me ; ) )
43. Write a line from any song
The one that comes immediately to mind is from a Custom song called Hey Mister, but I won't put it down because although amusing in a warped sort of way, it would weird y'all out . . . so . . .
I'm leavin', on a jet plane
Don't know when I'll be back again
So kiss me
and smile for me
tell me that you'll wait for me
hold me like you'll never let me go . . .
44. IF YOU COULD BUILD A HOUSE ANYWHERE, WHERE WOULD IT BE?
45. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE ARTICLE OF CLOTHING?
My black Ralph Lauren boatneck sweater.
46. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE PHYSICAL FEATURE OF THE OPPOSITE SEX?
Torso . . . Arms, Chest (pecs!), shoulders, back, abs .... hurrah.
47. WHAT'S THE LAST CD THAT YOU BOUGHT?
Dido - No Angel
48. WHERE'S YOU FAVORITE PLACE TO BE?
With Scott =)
49. WHERE'S YOUR LEAST FAVORITE PLACE TO BE?
Work . . . or the hospital . . . I also strongly dislike driving.
50. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE PLACE TO BE MASSAGED?
I'm an extremely tense person, so more times than not massaging isn't overly pleasant for me, unfortunately.
51. WHAT'S MOST IMPORTANT, STRONG IN MIND OR STRONG IN BODY?
Strong in mind
52. WHAT TIME DO YOU WAKE IN THE MORNING?
When I work I get up at 10:45, when I'm off it varies.
53. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE KITCHEN APPLIANCE?
Toaster ovens =)
54. WHAT MAKES YOU REALLY ANGRY?
Stupid people. Who refuse to take responsibility for their actions. Like making payments late.
55. WHAT REALLY MAKES YOU HAPPY?
Spending time with friends, travelling, playing the violin, kayaking, scuba diving
56.IF YOU COULD PLAY ANY INSTRUMENT, WHAT WOULD IT BE?
The violin ... I already play, sort of. Currently I don't have an instrument, and I miss playing like crazy.
57. FAVORITE COLOR?
58. Which do you prefer, sports car or SUV?
59. DO YOU BELIEVE IN AFTERLIFE?
60. FAVORITE CHILDREN'S BOOK?
TOO MANY!!! Rainy with a Chance of Meatballs, The Monster at the End of the Book, The Poky Little Puppy, The Giving Tree
61. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SEASON?
In Arizona, Winter, because its really the only time of year the weather is bearable. Elsewhere I'm a huge fan of springtime.
62. WHAT'S YOUR LEAST FAVORITE HOUSEHOLD CHORE?
Cleaning the bathroom
63. IF YOU COULD HAVE ONE SUPER POWER, WHAT WOULD IT BE?
There are just too many to choose from.
64. IF YOU HAVE A TATTOO, WHAT IS IT?
I don't have any tattoos. I doubt I'll ever get one.
65. CAN YOU JUGGLE?
Um, nope. That requires hand-eye coordination, something I'm sorely lacking.
66. THE ONE PERSON FROM YOUR PAST YOU WISH YOU COULD GO BACK AND TALK WITH?
Probably my Grandpa O'Brien. He's really the only person I've lost, and everyone else that I want to talk to I'm still in touch with.
67. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE DAY?
Tuesdays - They're the first day of my weekend
68. WHAT'S IN THE TRUNK OF YOUR CAR?
Um. Shoes, some clothes, books . . .
Seven things you can't do:
1. Pronounce the word "Irrashaimashite"
2. Get more than 80 pages into the book Sense and Sensibility
3. Putt in golf
4. Give myself a manicure
5. Eat Salad
6. Yell at people when I want to at work
7. French braid my own hair
Top seven songs people should listen to (not in order):
1. Hey Mister - Custom
2. Champagne High - Sister Hazel
3. Chop Suey - System of a Down
4. La Vie en Rose - Louis Armstrong
5. Drive - Incubus
6. You Belong to Me - Jason Wade
7. Across the Universe- The Beatles
Top seven things you say the most:
2. Right . . .
4. Cool beans
7. I do apologize
(the last two are from work . . . gahhh. I spend my whole day talking, and must say those two words about a billion times a week)
RIGHT NOW I SEE: My pictures of friends taped up along the edges of my computer screen, my fishy lamp, a dolphin stuffed animal perched on my speaker, various sea animal figurines, my cameras hanging on my wall, my friendship quilt from girl scouts hanging on my wall, and my Body Glove sign hanging above my window.
I FIND: people who don't use thier blinkers annoying
I WANT: to have enough money to be able to go to Hawaii for school right now, as opposed to later.
I HAVE: Wavy hair. Because I just took it out of french braids.
I WISH: that I didn't have to spend another hot, icky summer in Arizona
I HATE: people, for the most part.
I MISS: my friends.
I FEAR: not being able to get my degree and do something I love for a living.
I FEEL: fairly content.
I HEAR: Lifehouse playing Hanging by a Moment on Winamp.
I SMELL: air conditioned air.
I CRAVE: nothing. I'm rather satiated at the moment, having just gone to Bahama Breeze for a very yummy lunch.
I SEARCH: for Eve of Milady's website, so I can look at dresses.
I WONDER: if I'll ever be as successful as I want to be.
I REGRET: not working for money during highschool so I could've gone straight to college.
I LOVE: family, friends, Scott, my kitten.
I ACHE: in my left wrist for some reason.
I LONG: for a violin, and for the ocean.
I CARE: about people, while still hating them. Weird, huh?
I AM ALWAYS: silly.
I AM NOT: amazingly (or even slightly, really) beautiful, much to my chagrin.
I FOOLISHLY BELIEVE: that someday I'll be rich.
Four vacations you have taken:
1. Miami, FL, to look at a school there
2. San Diego, to go to the beach and Sea World
3. Hawaii, to Scuba dive
4. A cruise to Catalina Island, Ensenada, MX and then Disneyland
Four songs you get stuck in your head frequently:
1. Screaming Infidelities - Dashboard Confessional (which I ABSOLUTELY loathe)
2. All in All
3. Chop Suey -System of a Down
4. Good Riddance - Green Day
Four things you'd like to learn:
1. To speak and write Japanese fluently
2. To draw and paint well
3. To be a boat captain
4. To row for crew
Four beverages you drink regularly:
2. Diet Coke
3. Cherry Limeade
4. Grape Juice
Four tv shows that were on when you were a kid:
2. Silver Spoons
3. The Snorks
4. Kids Incorporated
Four places to go in your area:
1. Chandler Fashion Center
2. The shopping District off of Ray Rd
3. Mill Ave
4. Scottsdale Fashion Square
Four things to do when you're bored:
1. Play the Sims
2. Torment my cat
3. Look at J-crew catalogs
4. type random words between "www." and ".com" and see what websites come up. (this can be a bad idea ... I typed in Jessica once and got a porn site. Ick. )
Four things that never fail to cheer you up:
1. Louis Armstrong
2. babysitting the Dworkin boys
3. spending an evening with Scott and co.
4. Playing with puppies
About 20 years ago...
1. My mum was a junior in HS
2. Scott was 3
3. My grandparents had no idea I was about a year away.
4. People started wearing spandex shorts
About 10 years ago...
1. I was being told we'd have to move to Arizona, and was very upset
2. My fashion sense was halfway decent for a 9 year old
3. I had finally become fairly popular in elementary school
4. I was in the Girl Scouts
About 5 years ago...
1. I had just finished middle school (and was very glad)
2. I was still very close friends with Megan Dorsey, Joanna Zeta, and Kelly Olson
3. I went to Promotion and hated it.
4. The Szobody's had recently left to become missionaries in Africa
About 2 years ago...
1. I was very depressed
2. I had to have knee surgery multiple times
3. I learned to Scuba dive
4. I went to Hawaii
1. I entered the wonderful world of relationships
2. The college application process was amazingly stressful
3. I became really close to some of the best friends I've ever had.
4. I went to my first and last highschool dance
1. I slept very late
2. Ran errands with my aunt and introduced her to the wide world of Cost Plus World Market
3. I'm finishing this survey
4. I'll see Scott in a little while