I have a new journal now, jade_orchid ... add me as a friend and I'll add ya back, or leave me a note here, whatever is best.
4 comments | post a comment
Talk to y'all later.
This was stolen from Lensha, who apparently stole it from Marikit ... tis fun =)
3 comments | post a comment
1. What did you do in 2003 that you'd never done before? Got married! And all of the craziness along with it.
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I don't think so. I tend to just not make resolutions, because I think they're kindof silly. Being a better person is an ongoing process, and I feel like generally New Years resolutions are made to be broken, so by making them I'd just interrupt the process of self betterrence.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Ummmmm ... Our friends Shawn and Christina had another baby, named Drake.
4. Did anyone close to you die? Thank goodness, no. There was certainly lots of worrying, what with Iraq and whatnot, but everyone's home safe and sound. Now hopefully that will carry into the new year as well! *knocks on wood*
5. What countries did you visit? Tis a good question, and not one that I have a good answer to. I've been only to the US. However, this year has inspired desperate desire to go to Tokyo, so maybe next year!
6. What would you like to have in 2004 that you lacked in 2003? Ummmmm ... money. Extra money would be good. We haven't wanted for it this year, certainly, but a wedding, buying a home, and paying tuition aren't really conducive to carefree spending =)
7. What date from 2003 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? June 28! That's when Scott and I got married.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Getting great grades my first semester in College! Also learning to cook well, and keeping my house immaculate. And beating boys at Halo.
9. What was your biggest failure? I didn't get the Quality Assurance position at Chase ... made me kindof sad. But at the same time, not getting it helped me decide to quit and go back to school. Things work out =)
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? I was in the hospital for several days because they thought I was having a stroke. I couldn't speak properly, was extremely dizzy ... turns out it was due to silent migraine headaches. Now I get them a few times a month/week
11. What was the best thing you bought? My puppy, Sandor. He's adorable in so many ways.
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration? Surprisingly, my sisters. We get along much better now.
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed? Meh
14. Where did most of your money go? My house. Furniture, Down payment, closing costs, appliances
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? The wedding! And going to Disneyland. Twice.
16. What song will always remind you of 2003? Come What May - Moulin Rouge
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: happier or sadder? Ummm. Probably happier. This time last year stress about the wedding was setting in.
ii. thinner or fatter? Not sure. Probably about the same.
iii. richer or poorer? Poorer in cash, richer in posessions and friends
18. What do you wish you'd done more of? Getting out! Going up to Northern AZ, etc.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of? Worrying.
20. How will you be spending Christmas? I spent Christmas running from one place to another. Shopped Christmas Eve day, spent Christmas Eve with my family, opened presents, went to church, had dinner. Christmas morning Scott and Sandor and I opened presents, then went to Scott's parents to have breakfast and open presents. That evening we went to Mike's to hang out with our friends and open presents.
22. Did you fall in love in 2003? Was already there =)
23. How many one-night stands? none. Duh. ( <== mature!)
24. What was your favorite TV program? Gilmore Girls. Such a happy good show. Also Samurai Jack. So pretty.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? I hate door to door solicitors. And several of my neighbors. Other than that, no.
26. What was the best book you read? Fools Fate by Robin Hobb! Soooo good.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery? Remembering Fantasia on a Theme by Thomas Tallus, by VaughnWilliams. It was one of my favorite peices that we played in HS, but I couldn't remember the name! It was part of the soundtrack for Master and Commander. Very good stuff.
28. What did you want and get? Jeepers! Tons o stuff. A house. A puppy (even though Scott said no). A LuckBear Hooded Sweatshirt that has ears on the hood (!!!)
30. What was your favorite film of this year? Ummm... I really liked Pirates, also Under the Tuscan Sun, Bad Santa, Old School, Return of the King, and Big Fish.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? Ummm. Tis a good question. I can't remember. Isn't that terrible? Probably dinner or something. I turned 20.
32.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Moving to Hawaii, going to school there, succeeding where many said we couldn't. But it wasn't meant to be, and I am immensely thankful that I'm not in Honolulu (ick!)
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2003? Jeans and something else. Sweater, t-shirt, sweatshirt, tanktop, blouse ... and doc marten boots.
34. What kept you sane? Knowing things would work out. And they did.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Johnny Depp. He wasn't attractive when he was young, only now that he is 40. So crazy.
36. What political issue stirred you the most? Probably everything in the middle east. Moreso peoples' opinions of it. It seems like everyone I meet that has an opinion is just grossly unfair with it. I haven't heard anything that strikes me as "right on". *shrug*
37. Who did you miss? Scott. He works too much.
38. Who was the best new person you met? Everyone! Oh gosh. This was a friend-making year. Now we have Katrina and Mike and Stukie and Paul and Nick and Carlos and Chris and Ryan and Jacob and Alex and Margauex and Chase and Jorge and LOTS of people =)
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2003: Sometimes you have to realize that you deserve more than the way people treat you, and make the decision to let go.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
My tea's gone cold, I wondering why I got out of bed at all
The morning rain clouds up my window and I can't see at all
And even if I could it'd all be grey, but your picture on my wall
It reminds me that it's not so bad, it's not so bad
Apparently, Jaime Gleisher and Allie Hilfiger have decided that they must've been really amazing people in past lives which is why they are now filthy rich and spoiled. But they deserve it. Because they were good people. In some other life.
9 comments | post a comment
This was a quote forwarded to me by a friend. The speaker is Andy Rooney. For those who may not be familiar with him, he is an 82 year old TV commentator. This quote was taken while he was doing an interview on 60 minutes.
2 comments | post a comment
I don't know that I agree with everything that is said, but I don't know that I disagree with anything either - I haven't analyzed it that much. I do feel that it is extremely refreshing, because it is so different from everything you see in every newspaper, news program, magazine, and so on. And much of it is just common sense that political correctness has overtaken and obliterated.
Hopefully y'all will find it interesting too.
"I like big cars, big boats, big motorcycles, big houses and big campfires. I believe the money I make belongs to me and my family, not some governmental stooge with a bad comb-over who wants to give it away to crack addicts for squirting out babies.
"Guns do not make you a killer. I think killing makes you a killer. You can kill someone with a baseball bat or a car, but no one is trying to ban you from driving to the ball
"I believe they are called the Boy Scouts for a reason, that is why there are no girls allowed. Girls belong in the Girl Scouts!
ARE YOU LISTENING MARTHA BURKE?
"I think that if you feel homosexuality is wrong, it is not phobia, it is an opinion.
"I don't think being a minority makes you a victim of anything except numbers. The only things I can think of that are truly discriminatory are things like the United Negro
College Fund, Jet Magazine, Black Entertainment Television, and Miss Black America. Try to have things like the United Caucasian College Fund, Cloud Magazine, White Entertainment Television, or Miss White America; and see whathappens. Jesse Jackson will be knocking down your door.
"I have the right "NOT" to be tolerant of others because they are different, weird, or tick me off.
"When 70% of the people who get arrested are black, in cities where 70% of the population is black, that is not racial profiling, it is the Law of Probability.
"I know what sex is, and there are not varying degrees of it. If I received sex from one of my subordinates in my office, it wouldn't be a private matter or my personal
business. I would be "FIRED" immediately!
"I believe that if you are selling me a milk shake, a pack of cigarettes, a newspaper or a hotel room, you must do it in English! As a matter of fact, if you want to be an
American citizen, you should have to speak English! My father and grandfather didn't
die in vain so you can leave the countries you were born in to come over and disrespect ours.
"I think the police should have every right to shoot your sorry self if you threaten them after they tell you to stop. If you can't understand the word "freeze" or "stop" in English, too bad! I feel much safer letting a machine with no political affiliation recount votes when needed.
"I know what the definition of lying is.
"I don't think just because you were not born in this country, you are qualified for any special loan programs, government sponsored bank loans or tax breaks, etc., so you can open a hotel, coffee shop, trinket store, or any other business. We did not go to the aid of certain foreign countries and risk our lives in wars to defend their freedoms, so that decades later they could come over here and tell us our constitution is a living document; and open to their interpretations.
" I don't hate the rich. I don't pity the poor.
"I know pro wrestling is fake, but so are movies and television. That doesn't stop you from watching them.
"I believe a self-righteous liberal or conservative with a cause is more dangerous than a Hell's Angel with an attitude.
"I think Bill Gates has every right to keep every penny he made and continue to make more. If it ticks you off, go and invent the next operating system that's better, and put
your name on the building. Ask your buddy that invented the Internet to help you.
"It doesn't take a whole village to raise a child right, but it does take a parent to stand up to the kid; and smack their little behinds when necessary, and say "NO!"
"I think tattoos and piercing are fine if you want them, but please don't pretend they are a political statement. And, please, stay home until that new lip ring heals. I don't want to look at your ugly infected mouth as you serve me French fries!
"I am sick of "Political Correctness." I know a lot of black people, and not a single one of them was born in Africa; so how can they be "African-Americans"? Besides, Africa is a continent. I don't go around saying I am a European-American because my great, great, great, great, great, great grandfather was from Europe. I am proud to be from America and nowhere else.
"And if you don't like my point of view, tough.
DON'T PASS IT ON!!"
So ... blah
2 comments | post a comment
I guess I should preface this with a warning, because whenever I get even vaguely depressed in my posts, I seem to draw much criticism from friends-list people and random people alike. So, on with the warning: If you find me at all annoying or only like happy optimistic super special posts, ignore this one. Its not terribly depressing (or isn't as yet), but I'd prefer not to get caustic remarks. Blah blah blah
I feel rather icky at the moment, and I'm not even especially sure what is causing it.
Recently I've been contemplating friendship quite a bit, and all that it entails. I have a lot of friends. My social circle is expanding quite rapidly, really. But I still feel really alone.
I feel like most everyone I claim as "friend" is only such by default. Either they're a friend of a friend, or of my husband, or part of a group that consists of people who were once my friends, or were my friend at one time . . . etc etc. As a result, I feel really out of place with pretty much everyone. I'm not confident that anyone is actually my friend for me, and therefore I of course feel weird imposing on anyone to talk, or ask a favor, or ask to hang out . . . and I feel weird trying to be a friend to them, by offering to listen, or do a favor, or spend time together - for fear that they'll think I'm some wacko random person they hardly remember and certainly don't care about, and I'm bothering them. And so I basically end up with a whole bunch of non-friends.
I even worry about the people who I see on a daily basis, the people who practically LIVE at my house . . . It seems like things are okay, they're really nice to me, they are vaguely grateful once in a while for the fact that I cook and clean and pick up after and prioritize for them . . . but at the same time, at one point or another I've seen each and every one of them be nice to someone's face and then discuss later how much they dislike the person. And even if they secretly didn't like me, I guess by providing free food and a house without parents and so on and so forth, there is still incentive to come over here and deal with me, as annoying as they may percieve me to be. So maybe I'm just bribing my friends so that they'll spend time with me?
And then I'm completely phobic about making new friends. I've been in school for almost 6 weeks now, and while I occasionally converse with people in my Japanese class (somewhat imperative to the coursework, obviously) and a girl in my Sociology class talks to me to get my notes, these aren't really anything near friendship or even acquaintence. I'm willing to bet no one knows my name. And that is almost completely my own fault, of course. I am shy, I am uninteresting, a poor conversationalist, and get really nervous when put on the spot. I'm not a magnetic presence, I'm not an especially attractive person . . . those types of things make making friends effortless. But since I don't have them, I'd have to make effort, and I'm afraid of that. Which is insane, and I see shut-in-ness in my future ...
One of the sad things is that I don't really want to be friends with these people. For a number of reasons. Mostly I'm afraid. That I'll open myself up to people, and decieve myself into thinking I've made a friend, when really they haven't given me a second thought and don't remember my name. That they'll pretend to be my friend, and in reality despise me or just simply find me irritating or boring. That I'll need them and they'll blow me off. That I'll need someone to listen to me and find out that I'm not someone they are similar to, and therefore they have no time for me. That I'll need to be needed and realize that I'm not.
This week has been pretty fun =)
post a comment
I went and saw Underworld on Friday night with Scott (he was off of work - yay!!), Mark, Marshall, and some friends from Marshall's work and Mark's work. It was an okay movie. I found that I enjoyed it, but there were definitely some disappointing bits as well (some of the corny scenes, things that didn't make sense, etc). I didn't go in with high expectations, so if anything they were exceeded. And Kate Beckinsale is the coolest girl with guns yet, in my opinion. Far exceeds Trinity and even Angelina Jolie as Lara Croft.
Sunday night was Halo night at the condo . . . I performed well - was in the top 5 (of 16!) on several of our Ordered games, and was 1st (!!! That never happens at Mass Halo) in an individual slayer game. Woo. Capture the Flag did not go so well, but hey.
It was also fun because Scott was there. Normally he can't go because he has to work. So that was happy as well =) Halo PC comes out in a week or so. My processor is crappy =( Agh.
One Tuesday Scott, Mark, Marshall and I went to Costco. Which was fun and exciting. We bought a massively huge box of oreos, which I can eat none of. And I bought a block of the wonderfulest Tillamook Extra Sharp Cheddar cheese. Hurrah. Also a gigantic box of brownie mix, a big bag of chicken, apple juice ... tons of crazy stuff. That night I watched the season premiere of Gilmore Girls (the wackiness continues! Yay!) a bunch of people from Halo night and Mark's work came over. We played Halo and then a rousing game of Scattergories. I think that we are converting everyone over to board games from Halo. Its craziness.
Today I taught myself to make Fettuccine Alfredo, and it was delicious. I made chicken breast strips to put on top and even some tortelini. I am getting better with the cooking. Scott and I watched some Trading Spaces, and then this show called Jason 2.0 was on UPN (which is a terrible channel, by the way). The show was really superly corny, about this guy who was a drudge at the CIA or some such, but then got hit by this nanotechnology which gave him special powers and they made him into a secret agent (this took place within a few weeks) with no special training or anything ... then he went on his first mission, which he completely botched but then managed to save ... it was just silly. I do not recommend it. Mark, Marshall, and Brendan came over and we watched episodes from the Family Guy Volume II DVD, played some Halo, and discussed their upcoming trip to Las Vegas for Brendan's birthday.
And, to top it all off, the weather has been wonderful the past few days - all drizzly and cloudy, the temperature has cooled down, and its been this way for more than 2 hours at a time . . . its great. Yay.
Anyway ... that was a rather meandering and boring post! Sorry!
I baked a cake. The kind with the little colored chips in it. I actually made two cakes, which I then frosted and stacked on top of one another, to make a taller cake. It looks cool. And tastes good. Especially all warm and fresh from the oven. Yay to having my own kitchen.
1 comment | post a comment
Most of my clothing now has small, puppy tooth-sized holes in it ... thanks to Sandor. Apparently this "teething" phase only lasts for the first year. I hope that that is true, for my wardrobe's sake. I gave him a bath today. He was smelly and ran around the house spreading muddiness ... now he is clean and shiny.
I feel very old when I go to my Japanese class. The majority of the students range from 15-18 ... and they all act their age or younger. I'm not very old ... but I feel very old in comparison. I also feel very un-obsessed with Anime, in comparison.
I am verging on a migraine headache, and that sucks. I've decided that God probably hates me.
Alrighty, so I know its been awhile since I've made an actual post. I've attempted several times to do some sort of cumulative "update" post, but I've come to the conclusion that that is pretty much impossible, since so much has happened . . . if you need updates, are confused, or whathaveyou, please instant message, email, or call me.
1 comment | post a comment
I am so amazingly frustrated. Scott and I got our statement from our car insurance today. The quote they provided was about $500 for both of us for 6 months. So fine. We agreed to it. Today we get a bill for almost $800! They've randomly taken away several of our discounts (we have our home insurance through them, a life insurance policy that we took out to GET a discount, Scott has been insured by them previously for 9 years!), my name is nowhere on the policy, AND they have Scott listed as unmarried. We've been through this with the agent MULTIPLE times. It seems like every time we talk to them they're doing something new to mislead us and get us to spend more money. AGH!
On a more positive note, it IS Friday ... no spiffy plans for the weekend, but at least I don't have school. I do have homework though ... ick.
Also, my puppy, Sandor, has finally stopped chewing on our carpet ... so that's happy. It means we can eventually look into replacing it - bye bye ugly cookie monster blue carpet!
Oh! And Scott finally got promoted at work ... so that means more money, and consistent hours, and so on and so forth!! =)
. . . there's more happening, but that's what I can think of at the moment ... hurrah.
I miss everyone.
4 comments | post a comment
After many many days of hard work, moving everything from one web location to another, and lots of frustration, I finally have my wedding pictures online.
You can see them at
Please let me know what you think =)
Jessica has a new webpage. Yay me! I finally learned how to use Microsoft Frontpage and my personal webspace. Hurrah for that =)
1 comment | post a comment
If any of y'all have a picture I can put up in my "friends" section, that'd be awesome.
Come look, and sign the guestbook! Here's the link:
(sorry for my extreme delay in posting, and then for only posting this ... I'll update when I can =) )
La la la ....
post a comment
Filling out a wedding registry ...
I'd never realized how many things are required in a home .... or how difficult it would be to pick things out not knowing what size/shape/color/any possible detail that home will be... gahh. Weirdness.
Random thoughts from Jess .... whee fun
(there haven't been many of these of late, so I can indulge =) )
. . . I hate hiccups.
post a comment
post a comment
I often have the most inane (albeit, in hindsight, amusing) thoughts.
Today, during communion at church, we were all sitting there, the elements (a bread/cracker wafer and tiny cups of grapejuice/wine) had been passed out and everything was extremely quiet, solemn, and still. I was praying, holding my wafer and juice, when all of a sudden, the wafer slipped! And fell on the ground . . .
and my first thought was "Does the 5 second rule apply to Jesus?" . . . gahhhh! This was the first thing that popped into my head . . . jeepers.
As I mentioned, in hindsight, this is very amusing . . . it could even be considered a bit of a philosophical question ... can Jesus even </i>get</i> dirty? Is it the infinity second rule instead? Current amusement aside, I was somewhat horrified in the middle of church. The moment was a bit ruined. I'm just proud of myself for not giggling noticeably.
Anyway, I thought I'd share. Hurrah. I don't post for months, and now this? Oh wells
1. [Spell your name backwards]: Acissej
post a comment
2. [Where do you live?]: In the desert
3. [Describe yourself in 4 words]: Creative, unique, loving and errr .. cute, since that seems to be a common descriptor for me by most everyone. (although many know my thoughts on that ...)
4. [Who is your worst enemy?]: I don't really have one ... at least not that I can think of. I tend to blend in enough that I don't really make enemies .. I'm sure there are people out there who don't like me .. but hey.
5. [If you could have any animal for a pet, what would it be?]: Hrm. A California sea hare, a giraffe, or just Matilda the pony.
6. [What is the latest you've ever stayed up]: I haven't a clue. I know I've pulled all nighters-several in a row I'm sure ... but I don't recall specifics (probably supressed memories, lol)
7. [Ever been to Belgium?]: noppers
8. [What's your favorite coin?]: Wouldn't it be neat if they had a billion dollar coin?
9. [Wallet]: Its a little black Kenneth Cole one with a couple zippy pockets, room for my cards and pictures and money and such (its somewhat overstuffed, actually)
10. [Hairbrush]: Its little and green
11. [Toothbrush]: I bought one of those spiffy $5 electric ones at the grocery store. It works well. Its white with a green bottom and blue stripes
12. [Jewelry worn daily]: My engagement ring
13. [Pillow cover]: I have 4 pillows ... all different ... gah. One is dark green and light green check-ish. One is white with ivy, one is solid pink, and one is solid light green.
14. [Blanket]: A multi-colord quilt that my Grandpa made for me before he died.
15. [Coffee cup]: One I bought at Borders that has a flower on it and a quote about love from Shakespeare
16. [Sunglasses]: brown Maui Jim Titaniums, rectangularish shaped
17. [Underwear]: varies? Typically Victoria's Secret, either bikini or french cut
18. [Shoes]: recently I most often wear my brown Doc Marten steel toed boots. I also have black maryjane flats that I love, and then my Doc sandals.
19. [Handbag]: I don't really carry a handbag per say ... I have a black purse that's kinda roomy, has pockets, zippers, a big flap that buttons.
20. [Favorite top]: A black ribbed turtleneck from Gap
21. [Favorite pants]: Mudd button fly flares
22. [Cologne/Perfume]: Vivid by Elizabeth Arden
23. [CD in stereo right now]: Sarah McLachlan's "Angel" single
24. [Tattoos]: zero
25. [Piercings]: Technically my ears are probably still pierced. I rarely wear earings.
26. [Wearing]: Jean overalls with cute clippy things on the straps, a pink tanktop, glasses.
27. [Hair]: Umm. I'm not sure what this question wants, lol! Generally, my hair is past shoulderlength, brown w/some natural blonde highlights, has some layers in it ... right now its up in a ponytail. Whee.
28. [Makeup]: none at the moment - haven't gotten that far yet
29. [In my mouth]: Diet Coke
30. [In my head]: Trying to finalize details for my wedding invitations
31. [Wishing]: that I could be sure everything will go smoothly in the next several months.
32. [After this]: reading
33. [Talking to]: James
34. [Eating:]: A Godiva chocolate from Valentine's.
35. [Do you like candles]: Yes, but not obsessively so.
36. [Do you like hot wax]: Not really.
37. [Do you like incense]: No! It makes my allergies go crazy and my asthma acts up.
38. [Do you like the taste of blood]: silly question.
39. [Fetishes]: right.
40. [If you could get away with it and murder anyone, who and for what reason?]: generally, I don't really think I'm the killer-type. However, Carrot top really does have it coming to him.
41. [Person you wish you could be with right now]: Scott. He's sleeping.
42. [What/Who is next to you]: My dresser.
43. [What do you want done with your body when you die]: I'd like to be an organ-donor, although everytime I've mentioned it to my parents they've been kindof opposed. I'd like to buried somewhere pretty. Cremation kindof freaks me out.
44. [Do you believe in love]: Absolutely
45. [Do you believe in soulmates]: The concept of soulmates tends to be defined differently depending upon who you're speaking with - with my belief system, things are predetermined by the overall plan, so we *are* destined to be with who we end up with. I also think that the idea of people being perfectly matched to one another is true in some cases, although certainly not all.
46. [Do you believe in love at first sight]: I think so.
47. [Do you believe in Heaven]: yup yup yup
48. [Do you believe in forgiveness]: Affirmative
49. [Do you believe in God]: Definitely
50. [What's something that you wish people would understand]: When to use a turn signal. That old age is not an excuse. That children should not attend a) rated R movies b) movies that are after 7pm
51. [What's something you wish you could understand better]: Why the Zone is crap. crap crap. Dave Pratt is evil. They ruined a decent radio station. Gahhhh
52. [What's one thing you want to make happen for tomorrow]: Getting my car started would be good ...I have to get to work, and its broken right now.
Hey all! Just wanted to let everyone know I now have a Livejournal up with wedding stuff in it ... username is jessicaswedding . . . has new info and such. spiffiness. I'm sleepy. Talk to y'all later
post a comment
I hate myself. I'm unsuccessful at everything I do. My dreams are bigger than anything I'm worthy to even dream of. I don't know why I kid myself sometimes.
3 comments | post a comment
Which LotR Character Are You?
post a comment
Created by PinkPunkerz.
1. What is the story behind your LJ name?
2 comments | post a comment
Caitiri - it is a name from a book called The Ruins of Ambrai. It means "fiery eyed", and the name itself sounds/looks pretty, so I use it for practically all online names whatsoever. Woo hoo. Also, when I first signing up for online stuff, anything containing my name was already taken, and my initials look silly. This, however, was original, so HA!
2. Name five of your favorite pig out foods....
a) PF Changs Peking Dumplings
b) Chocolate chip cookies
c) 3 Musketeers Bars
d) Baby Carrots and Orange Juice
e) Cheese and Crackers
3. Have you ever had a makeover?
People, upon seeing my ugliness, tend to feel they can assume god-like power by trying to overcome it. Consequently, I've been subject to several of these so-called "makeovers", all of which were highly unsuccessful.
4. Have you ever witnessed death?
My grandpa died of lung cancer while living with my family when I was 11.
5. What's the longest time you've stayed out of the country/where?
Um . .. I spent a few weeks in Mexico in 7th grade when I went on the Hands Across the Border trip.
6. One thing you are grateful for today.
Phones that have mute buttons. Also little rolley lint brushes (they even make ones that fit in your purse).
7. What is your favorite high school memory?
Probably senior year in its entirety, even the tough stuff. Lunch off campus, Woody's class ... Mr. G and his awful euphamisms (or not-quite euphamisms) It was a good year = )
8. What is the most insane thing you've done for/to love?
In my experience, love doesn't really tend to engender insanity.
9. Describe your dream wedding.
Um, so yeah. I've never really thought I'd get married, so I haven't put a lot of thought into it. Wedding planning SO doesn't seem like my thing . . . not really very fun at all . . . if I could have my way, I'd probably elope somewhere far away on a beach, record it on a digital camera, and mail the cd to my family saying "surprise!" However, my dad would kill me, so that's a no-go. I'd probably want a fairly traditional wedding, with the ceremony in a little white church, or outside somewhere, presided over by Pastor Paul, optimally (although the probability of that one is slim to none, considering he's currently a missionary in Africa). My dress would be white, have a pretty train, and I might even look halfway pretty for once. My bridesmaids would wear pretty dresses that they like, and all of my friends and family would be in attendance (which adds up to quite a few people, surprisingly) We'll go off on a nice long honeymoon somewhere tropical = ) Oh, and there will be an X-men cake.
10. What do you want to be doing when you are 60?
Um. Hopefully still doing field research, going on lecture tours because I'm a successful marine biologist, surfing and kayaking in my spare time, and spoiling others' kids and grandchildren (assuming I don't have my own)
11. What is your first memory?
Baby swimming lessons when I was a few months old. It was very traumatic.
12. Do you have a favorite quote?
13. My first (true) heartbreak happened when I was....
5. My grandparents' dog Ginger had to be put to sleep.
14. How much money does it take to keep you for a year?
I have no clue.
15. Do you have any weird preference?
I like to eat babycarrots while drinking orange juice. I also don't eat very many vegetables, which weirds people at sandwich places out.
16. What is one thing that you will never understand about the opposite sex?
Why they find bodily functions so endlessly amusing.
17. What piece of technology do you want most right now?
18. Name one TV character you'd most want to be.
Maybe Rory on Gilmore Girls. She has a cool mom, is smart, and has two fairly hot guys vying for her =)
19. Favorite Gemstone?
20. Give yourself a porn star name.
Susie the bar floozie.
21. What's your worst flaw?
I don't think I could pick just one.
22. What do you plan to do this summer?
Work. Spend time with friends when I can.
23. What is your favorite song right now?
Ummm.... You Belong to Me - Jason Wade, the Shrek Soundtrack
24. What are your favorite movies in these categories?
Humor: Office Space, Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back, Tommy Boy, Happy Gilmore
Drama: Amelie, About a Boy, Romeo and Juliet, Elizabeth,
Action: Le Pac de Lupe (Sp? The Brotherhood of the Wolf), Lord of the Rings, Ocean's Eleven
Horror: Dracula 2000 - it was extremely amusing
25. What is your favorite Disney song?
A Tale as Old as Time - Beauty and the Beast
26. Describe your dream house.
Located on the Island of Oahu, this exclusive property sits high atop a lush, green mountain sanctuary with fabulous unobstructed views of the Pacific Ocean, worldfamous Diamond Head and Honolulu's sparkling city lights. This luxurious home is comprised of a four-bedroom, three and one-half bath main residence that has been beautifully designed to include architectural wood accents, hardwood floors, stained glass doors, open beam ceilings, recessed lighting, skylights and more. Additionally, a specious two-bedroom guest house, a separate office and an art studio further compliment this extraordinary property. This estate is complete with a sparkling, custom tiled pool and spa, manicured rolling lawns and peaceful gardens.
I copied it out of an ad for my house. Its only 3.9 million dollars.
27. Your Typical Sleep wear....
Pj pants, t-shirts (scott just bought me this adorable carebears t-shirt-hurray for boys w/taste!)
28. What is in your bag?
Um, the book I'm currently reading, my wallet, sunglasses, keys, chapstick, miscellaneous receipts, my checkbook and my Waterman pen.
29. What is the most interesting thing you have worn/pierced/tattooed?
I have peirced ears.
30. How much money do you have in your wallet right now?
$0. I use my debit card for everything.
32. What are you most proud of in your life?
Ehrm. . . a good question, and a fairly tough one, for me. I don't have anything like admission to Ivy League schools, winning musical competitions, etc. . . I would actually have to say that what I'm most proud of is also what I often feel most ashamed about - my decision to stay here another year and work instead of going directly to college. It was probably one of the most difficult things ever, but I knew that if I did go off to school, dependant upon what little money I had, as well as the few scholarships I could get, and student loans, I either would not have been able to finish or would have finished after putting myself into debt I would never get out from under. Having lived in a family trying to deal with massive amounts of debt, its not something I want to start my adult life fighting with. Most people don't really understand ... lots of people make me feel bad, or have lost confidence in my "drive" to become an educated and successful adult . . . but it was a difficult decision, and the right one, so its what I'm most proud of.
33. How was your senior prom?
It was pretty fun - I decided to go the day before . . . frantic dress shopping, hair and nail appointment making, and money scraping ensued . . . I would have to say the before and after were the most fun - dinner and then our suite . . . prom itself wasn't a winner for me - I wasn't asked to dance at all, which was simply depressing, although predictable.
34. Tell us about any of your birthdays.
Um. My most recent birthday sucked. I was supposed to work, but when I went to start my car it was broken (it had been intermittently breaking for the few weeks prior). I missed work because I had no means of transportation, and it was my 5th occurance which should have put me on a warning (luckily, due to my great supervisor, it didnt). Then, since I ended up having the day off, I was going to take my boyfriend, mom, and sister to dinner at On the Border. But my 16 year old sister decided to throw a tantrum in the restaurant, and she and my mom left before we could even order. It was a crappy birthday. Probably the worst ever.
35. What do you enjoy most about looking at other people?
Well, admiring good looking guys is always rewarding =)
36. What are the first five things you would splurge on if you were a billionaire?
1) My 2 houses in hawaii
2) Donation to research for cancer
3) a yacht
4) A '66 corvette
5) Going Abroad
37. What is your daily-before-you-go-to-bed ritual?
Um.Make my bed, Brush teeth, brush out my hair and pull it back into a ponytail or bun, scrape contact lenses off of my eyes, don glasses and pjs, read until I'm supersleepy, and then go to bed.
38. What is the weirdest/funniest name anyone has ever called you?
My sister often refers to my as Jessie-pooh - its when she's in her rather irritating "I want something so I'm going to be sickeningly and fakely sweet to you so maybe I can fool you into doing/buying it for me" mood. Kyle dubbed me with the nickname Sugar when I was on servant teams one summer also, which was a rather different nickname for me.
39. Name three of your favorite cartoon characters...
Daria, Wish Bear, and the little girl from Monsters Inc.
40. What are the magazines you read on a regular basis?
Er . . . magazines tend to lack enough content to keep my attention for long, so I rarely read them.
41. What is your favorite pair of shoes?
Black maryjane flats
42. Would you rather be a hobbit, and elf or a dwarf?
An elf! They're always portrayed as rather pretty, smart, wise, etc (all of which are life's goals for me ; ) )
43. Write a line from any song
The one that comes immediately to mind is from a Custom song called Hey Mister, but I won't put it down because although amusing in a warped sort of way, it would weird y'all out . . . so . . .
I'm leavin', on a jet plane
Don't know when I'll be back again
So kiss me
and smile for me
tell me that you'll wait for me
hold me like you'll never let me go . . .
44. IF YOU COULD BUILD A HOUSE ANYWHERE, WHERE WOULD IT BE?
45. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE ARTICLE OF CLOTHING?
My black Ralph Lauren boatneck sweater.
46. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE PHYSICAL FEATURE OF THE OPPOSITE SEX?
Torso . . . Arms, Chest (pecs!), shoulders, back, abs .... hurrah.
47. WHAT'S THE LAST CD THAT YOU BOUGHT?
Dido - No Angel
48. WHERE'S YOU FAVORITE PLACE TO BE?
With Scott =)
49. WHERE'S YOUR LEAST FAVORITE PLACE TO BE?
Work . . . or the hospital . . . I also strongly dislike driving.
50. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE PLACE TO BE MASSAGED?
I'm an extremely tense person, so more times than not massaging isn't overly pleasant for me, unfortunately.
51. WHAT'S MOST IMPORTANT, STRONG IN MIND OR STRONG IN BODY?
Strong in mind
52. WHAT TIME DO YOU WAKE IN THE MORNING?
When I work I get up at 10:45, when I'm off it varies.
53. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE KITCHEN APPLIANCE?
Toaster ovens =)
54. WHAT MAKES YOU REALLY ANGRY?
Stupid people. Who refuse to take responsibility for their actions. Like making payments late.
55. WHAT REALLY MAKES YOU HAPPY?
Spending time with friends, travelling, playing the violin, kayaking, scuba diving
56.IF YOU COULD PLAY ANY INSTRUMENT, WHAT WOULD IT BE?
The violin ... I already play, sort of. Currently I don't have an instrument, and I miss playing like crazy.
57. FAVORITE COLOR?
58. Which do you prefer, sports car or SUV?
59. DO YOU BELIEVE IN AFTERLIFE?
60. FAVORITE CHILDREN'S BOOK?
TOO MANY!!! Rainy with a Chance of Meatballs, The Monster at the End of the Book, The Poky Little Puppy, The Giving Tree
61. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SEASON?
In Arizona, Winter, because its really the only time of year the weather is bearable. Elsewhere I'm a huge fan of springtime.
62. WHAT'S YOUR LEAST FAVORITE HOUSEHOLD CHORE?
Cleaning the bathroom
63. IF YOU COULD HAVE ONE SUPER POWER, WHAT WOULD IT BE?
There are just too many to choose from.
64. IF YOU HAVE A TATTOO, WHAT IS IT?
I don't have any tattoos. I doubt I'll ever get one.
65. CAN YOU JUGGLE?
Um, nope. That requires hand-eye coordination, something I'm sorely lacking.
66. THE ONE PERSON FROM YOUR PAST YOU WISH YOU COULD GO BACK AND TALK WITH?
Probably my Grandpa O'Brien. He's really the only person I've lost, and everyone else that I want to talk to I'm still in touch with.
67. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE DAY?
Tuesdays - They're the first day of my weekend
68. WHAT'S IN THE TRUNK OF YOUR CAR?
Um. Shoes, some clothes, books . . .
Seven things you can't do:
1. Pronounce the word "Irrashaimashite"
2. Get more than 80 pages into the book Sense and Sensibility
3. Putt in golf
4. Give myself a manicure
5. Eat Salad
6. Yell at people when I want to at work
7. French braid my own hair
Top seven songs people should listen to (not in order):
1. Hey Mister - Custom
2. Champagne High - Sister Hazel
3. Chop Suey - System of a Down
4. La Vie en Rose - Louis Armstrong
5. Drive - Incubus
6. You Belong to Me - Jason Wade
7. Across the Universe- The Beatles
Top seven things you say the most:
2. Right . . .
4. Cool beans
7. I do apologize
(the last two are from work . . . gahhh. I spend my whole day talking, and must say those two words about a billion times a week)
RIGHT NOW I SEE: My pictures of friends taped up along the edges of my computer screen, my fishy lamp, a dolphin stuffed animal perched on my speaker, various sea animal figurines, my cameras hanging on my wall, my friendship quilt from girl scouts hanging on my wall, and my Body Glove sign hanging above my window.
I FIND: people who don't use thier blinkers annoying
I WANT: to have enough money to be able to go to Hawaii for school right now, as opposed to later.
I HAVE: Wavy hair. Because I just took it out of french braids.
I WISH: that I didn't have to spend another hot, icky summer in Arizona
I HATE: people, for the most part.
I MISS: my friends.
I FEAR: not being able to get my degree and do something I love for a living.
I FEEL: fairly content.
I HEAR: Lifehouse playing Hanging by a Moment on Winamp.
I SMELL: air conditioned air.
I CRAVE: nothing. I'm rather satiated at the moment, having just gone to Bahama Breeze for a very yummy lunch.
I SEARCH: for Eve of Milady's website, so I can look at dresses.
I WONDER: if I'll ever be as successful as I want to be.
I REGRET: not working for money during highschool so I could've gone straight to college.
I LOVE: family, friends, Scott, my kitten.
I ACHE: in my left wrist for some reason.
I LONG: for a violin, and for the ocean.
I CARE: about people, while still hating them. Weird, huh?
I AM ALWAYS: silly.
I AM NOT: amazingly (or even slightly, really) beautiful, much to my chagrin.
I FOOLISHLY BELIEVE: that someday I'll be rich.
Four vacations you have taken:
1. Miami, FL, to look at a school there
2. San Diego, to go to the beach and Sea World
3. Hawaii, to Scuba dive
4. A cruise to Catalina Island, Ensenada, MX and then Disneyland
Four songs you get stuck in your head frequently:
1. Screaming Infidelities - Dashboard Confessional (which I ABSOLUTELY loathe)
2. All in All
3. Chop Suey -System of a Down
4. Good Riddance - Green Day
Four things you'd like to learn:
1. To speak and write Japanese fluently
2. To draw and paint well
3. To be a boat captain
4. To row for crew
Four beverages you drink regularly:
2. Diet Coke
3. Cherry Limeade
4. Grape Juice
Four tv shows that were on when you were a kid:
2. Silver Spoons
3. The Snorks
4. Kids Incorporated
Four places to go in your area:
1. Chandler Fashion Center
2. The shopping District off of Ray Rd
3. Mill Ave
4. Scottsdale Fashion Square
Four things to do when you're bored:
1. Play the Sims
2. Torment my cat
3. Look at J-crew catalogs
4. type random words between "www." and ".com" and see what websites come up. (this can be a bad idea ... I typed in Jessica once and got a porn site. Ick. )
Four things that never fail to cheer you up:
1. Louis Armstrong
2. babysitting the Dworkin boys
3. spending an evening with Scott and co.
4. Playing with puppies
About 20 years ago...
1. My mum was a junior in HS
2. Scott was 3
3. My grandparents had no idea I was about a year away.
4. People started wearing spandex shorts
About 10 years ago...
1. I was being told we'd have to move to Arizona, and was very upset
2. My fashion sense was halfway decent for a 9 year old
3. I had finally become fairly popular in elementary school
4. I was in the Girl Scouts
About 5 years ago...
1. I had just finished middle school (and was very glad)
2. I was still very close friends with Megan Dorsey, Joanna Zeta, and Kelly Olson
3. I went to Promotion and hated it.
4. The Szobody's had recently left to become missionaries in Africa
About 2 years ago...
1. I was very depressed
2. I had to have knee surgery multiple times
3. I learned to Scuba dive
4. I went to Hawaii
1. I entered the wonderful world of relationships
2. The college application process was amazingly stressful
3. I became really close to some of the best friends I've ever had.
4. I went to my first and last highschool dance
1. I slept very late
2. Ran errands with my aunt and introduced her to the wide world of Cost Plus World Market
3. I'm finishing this survey
4. I'll see Scott in a little while
Take the Concubine Quiz at Scared Ducky!
Hurray =) Legolas is hot
post a comment
post a comment